If you want to experience the health and therapeutic benefits of CBD, but you also do not want to consume it in oil form, you should try CBD-infused gummies. CBD gummies are to be chewed to get maximum benefits from it. We are going to learn how to make CBD-infused gummies in this article.
Benefits of making your own CBD gummies:
Few of the possible CBD benefits that CBD gummies offer are following:
CBD products may help people who are battling insomnia or simply need to unwind after a stressful day. In fact, a 2015 study published in the journal Neurotherapeutics found that CBD may be an effective treatment for anxiety disorders.
Some studies have shown that CBD oil relieves muscle and joint pain when applied topically, but orally ingesting CBD gummies may deliver similar benefits. A 2018 literature review published in the journal Frontiers in Pharmacology stated that CBD and cannabis may offer moderate relief for individuals with chronic pain. The authors of the review concluded that, “Cannabinoids and cannabis are old drugs but now they are a promising new therapeutic strategy for pain treatment.”
Unlike the cannabis strains that you smoke, CBD oils, tinctures, and edibles contain only trace amounts of THC (generally under 1%) which means they won’t give you an intoxicating high.
What you need to make CBD gummies:
You will be needing following ingredients to make CBD gummies:
- 1 three-ounce packet of gelatin dessert
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ ounce of CBD tincture or less, depending on your tolerance and preferences
Following supplies will also be needed:
- Mixing bowl
- Gummy molds
- Cooking spray
- Small turkey baster or dropper
Steps to make CBD infused gummies:
It takes less than 2 hours to make CBD gummies. Follow the steps which are given below to make CBD gummies:
- Set the molds on a baking sheet or cutting board. This will allow you to move them into the refrigerator later without spilling any CBD gummy mixtures.
- Spray the molds with cooking spray so the gummies will be easy to remove after setting.
- Dump the packet of gelatin dessert and the extra tablespoon of gelatin into a bowl.
- Add half a cup of hot — not boiling — water.
- Stir vigorously until completely dissolved.
- Pour in your preferred amount of CBD tincture and blend thoroughly. How much CBD oil or tincture you add will depend on the potency of the oil or tincture and your dosing preferences, but you should avoid adding more than 1/2 ounce for texture and flavor purposes.
- Dispense the mixture into each mold using your dropper or a spoon, filling them to the top.
- Refrigerate the molds and allow them to set — approximately an hour.
Customizing CBD gummies:
Weedmaps’ senior content manager Lesley Nicklaus offers these expert tips to customized your gummies: “The two most popular infusions people use to make gummies are alcohol-based tinctures and infused coconut oil. The same dosing instructions for all edibles apply to gummies. You can also use pureed fruit to flavor your gummies.”
If you want to try any variation, you can add purees of apples, bananas, and pears because these fruits are so easy to make their puree. Make sure to add cold-pressed and extra virgin coconut oil. I prefer using organic stuff.
Pro storage tips for CBD gummies:
A refrigerator is simply the best choice for you to store CBD-infused gummies, but you can also store them in some cool and dark places. CBD gummies remain fresh for more than 6 months if you store them properly after putting them into an airtight container. Direct sunlight and heat both are dangerous for the gummies because there is a chance that gummies would lose therapeutic properties if they are exposed to sunlight and heat directly.
It is also wise and advised to start from a low dose of CBD gummies. You can go for the second set if you feel that you are not experiencing what you were expecting.
Recommended Products: MAGICAL BUTTER MB2E BOTANICAL EXTRACTOR